John E. Vigars Kent Church Photographs
Image Source: Old Photograph
A knockout church by Norman Shaw, designed in 1893 and opened in 1895, this flint building dominates its hill top location next to the old Dover road north of Swanscombe. That this expensive church (it cost £6000) should have had such a short shelf life is criminal. It closed in 1971 and is now converted to apartments. Many of the furnishings are now to be found in Swanscombe parish church, including some antique pieces donated by the White family who were the main benefactors of the church. The chancel panelling and reredos in the picture were by Gerald Horsley and were not part of the original design.
1851 Census Details
Seating Capacity: Not built
Morning Attendance: Not built
Afternoon Attendance: Not built
Evening Attendance: Not built
Original Build Date/Architect: Norman Shaw
Second Restoration: -
Queries Relating to this Church
To contact this church, please try: A Church Near You
All information contained on this website is the intellectual property of John Vigar © 2019.